- New Op-ed-- A Commentary on the Bill Nye, Ken Ham Televised Debate of Monday Evening February 4th 2014.
- New Featured Article-- Judging Deborah: The Prophetess and Gender Debates through the Centuries
- What are the Dead Sea Scrolls?
Haaretz: April 22, 2014
- Archaeologists find 2,000-year old chisel used to build the Western Wall
Haaretz: April 22, 2014
- Lawmaker pulls bill to make Holy Bible Louisiana's official state book
Nola: April 21, 2014
- From the science of evolution to the origins of creationism, a biologist explains
Conversation: April 22, 2014
[ More News ]
By Joy A. Schroeder
The biblical Deborah is no ordinary woman. Scripture characterizes her as a prophet, judge, poet, and divinely-inspired military strategist. She summons the Israelite commander Barak, addresses him forcefully with a command from the Lord, and gives him specific tactical orders (Judges 4:5-15). See complete essay
By Joe Zias
Tombs in the ancient world have always attracted widespread public interest. While they provide a wealth of information, they can be scientifically and historically abused for political, religious and financial gain. See complete article.
[ More Articles ]
Most Recent Articles
- Inflated Claims for Genesis 1—Recent Cosmological News and Ancient Cosmologies
- Mythicism and the Mainstream: The Rhetoric and Realities of Academic Freedom
- The Sect of the Qumran Texts and its Leading Role in the Temple in Jerusalem During Much of the First Century BCE
- Excavations at Kh. el-Maqatir 1995–2000, 2009–2013: A Border Fortress in the Highlands of Canaan and a Proposed New Location for the Ai of Joshua 7–8
- The Violent Legacy of Monotheism? Truths, Half-Truths, and Downright Lies about Religion and Culture
In My View - Opinion
By John W. Patterson
On Monday February 4th two well-known figures debated the question, ”Is young earth biblical creationism scientifically viable in today’s world?”
Ken Ham repeatedly insisted that it is; that the universe as we know it was created by God in six 24-hour days some six thousand or so years ago. See complete essay
[ More Opeds ]
Search This Site:
Most Visted for the Week
- The Last Supper & Passover: Overlooking the Obvious?
- The Passion, Pornography and Polemic: In Defense of The Passion of the Christ
- Pontius Pilate: Roman Governor
- Will the Real Historical Jesus Please Stand Up? The Gospels as Sources for Historical Information about Jesus
- A Jerusalem tomb, ‘blind leading the blind’ or just another Day in Paradise?
Topics of Interest
- Tombs at Talpiot
- Television Specials about the Bible
- Scholars, Frauds, the Media and the Public
- Essays on BAR from Bible and Interpretation
- Essays on Minimalism from
Bible and Interpretation
- Final Reports onthe Yehoash Inscription and James Ossuary from the Israeli Antiquities Authority.
- Essays on the James Ossuary and the Temple Tablet from Bible and Interpretation