- New Featured Article-- Paul – the Promoter of Christianity
- New Featured Article-- Adam, Eve, and the Devil!
- Remains of 8,000-year-old olive oil found in Lower Galilee
JPost: December 17, 2014
- Unique 65-Foot Long Entrance Discovered at Herodian Hilltop Palace
Jewish Press: December 18, 2014
- Do these clay seals prove that biblical accounts of King David and Solomon are correct?
Daily Mail: December 18, 2014
- JPost Holy Land: Finding the synagogue of Sussita
JPost: December 17, 2014
- Did historical Jesus really exist? The evidence just doesn’t add up.
Washington Post: December 18, 2014
- Beyond Ceramic Unguentaria
ASOR: December 18, 2014
[ More News ]
By Gerd Lüdemann
For the study of Christian origins, the seven undisputed letters of Paul occupy a special position both because they are the only firsthand sources from the first generation among 27 texts of the New Testament and because they allow us to read what Paul thought, to hear his own voice, and tentatively to date the foundational events of earliest Christianity. See complete essay
By Marjo C.A. Korpel and Johannes C. de Moor
The biblical accounts of the creation of the cosmos, the garden of Eden and the fall of Adam and Eve belong to the most beautiful and impressive pieces of world literature. Countless attempts have beenmadetolocatethegardenbutonthebasisofthebiblicaldata this has only led to very diverse and contradictory results. See complete essay
[ More Articles ]
Most Recent Articles
- Also the Narratives of Israel are a Palestinian Heritage
- How Public Schools Began Offering Bible Courses: The Perspective from North Carolina
- Why a New Bible Encyclopedia? Gender Matters
- Placing the Past: On Writing a History of “David’s Jerusalem”
- The “Prince of Peace” or the God of War? Jesus as Nonviolent Messiah
- Did Jesus Die in Outer Space?
Evaluating a Key Claim in Richard Carrier’s On the Historicity of Jesus
- Biblical Reception History: A Dangerous Supplement
- Religious Persecution or High Taxes?
- Probing the Essene Question …
- New Archaeological Excavations on Mount Zion (Summer 2014 Season)
- Paul, a Jew from Jerusalem
In My View - Opinion
Search This Site:
Most Visted for the Week
Topics of Interest
- Tombs at Talpiot
- Television Specials about the Bible
- Scholars, Frauds, the Media and the Public
- Essays on BAR from Bible and Interpretation
- Essays on Minimalism from
Bible and Interpretation
- Final Reports onthe Yehoash Inscription and James Ossuary from the Israeli Antiquities Authority.
- Essays on the James Ossuary and the Temple Tablet from Bible and Interpretation