- New Featured Article-- The Promises and Perils of Using the Bible in Political Discourse
- New Featured Article-- The Consortium for the Bethsaida Excavation Project: Report on the 2016 Excavation Season
- Orthodox women rabbis don’t ‘count’ in prayer quorums. Should they?
Times of Israel: February 27, 2017
- The Monk Who Saves Manuscripts From ISIS
Atlantic: February 27, 2017
[ More News ]
By Daniel L. Dreisbach
From John Winthrop’s “city on a hill” speech in 1630 to twenty-first-century presidential inaugural addresses, the Bible has featured prominently in American political rhetoric. Some of the most celebrated wordsmiths and orators in American political history, including Daniel Webster, Frederick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Ronald Reagan, have woven biblical language and themes into the fabric of their public pronouncements. They have appealed to the Bible for a variety of reasons. See complete essay
By Rami Arav, et al.
The 2016 excavation season at Bethsaida took place during May 22nd – June 4th; June 12th - June 25th; June 26th - July 9th. Eighty faculty, students and volunteers joined the three sessions of the season. The expedition was hosted in Ginosar Village, Kibbutz Ginosar. We are very grateful for the kind and efficient hospitality Ginosar team and members, provides us for more than 22 years. See complete essay
[ More Articles ]
Most Recent Articles
- The Chief of Miners Mashe/Moshe, the Historical Moses
- On Myths and Their Contexts: An Issue of Contemporary Theology?
- How the Rabbis Adapted Roman Culture to Create Judaism as We Know It
- Judges 21 and Marriage by Capture
- How Early Roman Christianity Outlasted Its Competitors
- From Merenptah to Rameses VI
- On Biblical Scholarship and Bias
- The Carnival at the Heart of Kings
- The Institution of Christian Communion
- A Surprising Source for Seculars
- Who Pays For All This?
In My View - Opinion
Search This Site:
Most Visited for the Week
Topics of Interest
- Tombs at Talpiot
- Television Specials about the Bible
- Scholars, Frauds, the Media and the Public
- Essays on BAR from Bible and Interpretation
- Essays on Minimalism from
Bible and Interpretation
- Final Reports onthe Yehoash Inscription and James Ossuary from the Israeli Antiquities Authority.
- Essays on the James Ossuary and the Temple Tablet from Bible and Interpretation